You must have a Lycos Mail Plus membership in order to have access to your mail account via POP or IMAP.
You can follow these steps to setup your Lycos Mail account on many versions of Outlook. Please note that you cannot configure Lycos Mail on Outlook 2010.
1. Open Outlook. If there are no accounts configured in Outlook, then the Startup wizard launches.
2. Click Next. If you have another mail client on your computer, the Email Upgrade Options window may open.
If you see the Email Upgrade Options window, do not upgrade and click Next.
3. In the Account Configuration page, select Yes and then click Next.
The Account Settings page opens with the E-mail tab showing.
4. Click the New button. (Older versions: Mail tab and Add button. Select Mail and skip to step 8.)
5. Click the Microsoft Exchange, POP3, IMAP, or HTTP option, and the click Next.
6. Click the Manually configure server setting or additional server types check box, and then click Next.
7. Click the Internet E-mail option and then click Next.
8. On the Internet E-mail option, provide the following information:
a. Type your name in the Your Name field. (This is the Display Name field in older versions.)
b. In the E-mail Address field, type your Lycos Mail email address.
c. From the Account Type drop-down list, select POP3 or IMAP.
d. In the Incoming mail server field, type the address of the incoming mail server.
e. In the Outgoing mail server (SMTP) field, type the address of the outgoing mail server.
f. Type your Lycos Mail full email address in the User Name field.
g. In the Password field, type your Lycos Mail password.
h. Click the Remember Password check box to select this option.
9. Click the More Settings button. The Internet E-mail Settings page opens.
10. Click the Outgoing Server tab.
11. Make sure that the My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication check box is selected. If not, click on it to select it.
12. Make sure that the Use same settings as my incoming server is selected. If not, click on it to select it.
13. Click OK.
14. Click Test Account Settings to validate the information that you entered.
15. Click Next.
16. Older versions: select a connection method.
17. Click Finish. You are returned to the Account Settings page.
Please note that if you have multiple accounts configured in Outlook 2007, you should set this or another account as the default account. Click on the account you want to select as the default account. Click on the Set as default button.
18. Click Close.